You will never want to buy a granola bar once you have made your own, as this is only bar you will want to snack on.
This recipe shows you how easy it is and cost effective.
1 Cup of Mixed Nuts (*if you can’t have nuts swap for seeds)
2 Cups of Wholegrain Oats
2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter (*if you can’t have peanut butter, instead try Soy Nut Butter but always be sure to thoroughly check the ingredients )
2 Tablespoons of Honey
1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
Handful of Dark Chocolate Chips
Half a Cup of Dried Fruit
1. Pour oats and chop mixed nuts into large mixing bowl.
2. In a small saucepan, add the peanut butter, honey, coconut oil and cinnamon and mix on a low heat till all combined.
3. Pour into bowl with oats and nuts, stir and let sit for half an hour
4. Once mixtures cooled completely, add in dark chocolate chips and dried fruit
5. Line a baking tray and pour mixture in – tightly pack the mixture into the tray and you do need to press and compact this really tightly (using the bottom of a glass works well)— the more tightly packed, the less crumbly your bars will be!
6. Let set in fridge for an hour before cutting them into squares.
7. And if they are a little crumbly then eat with a spoon, because one thing for sure is they will taste delicious.